Wednesday, June 24, 2009

GENTLEMEN BRONCOS

While doing something totally unrelated, I somehow stumbled onto info about a new film by Jared Hess, creator of Napoleon Dynamite, and the premise rang so true and hilarious and disturbingly close to home, I have to share.

It involves a teenage aspiring fantasy writer who attends a fantasy writer convention only to have the premise of his novel, Yeast Lords, stolen by a famous author at the convention.

First of all, Yeast Lords is one of the most inexplicably hilarious bad titles I've ever heard. Second of all, I realized than an equally inexplicable, untitled movie "trailer" I saw a few weeks ago, featuring Flight of the Conchords' Jemain Clement, was in fact an early teaser for this movie, GENTLEMEN BRONCOS.


"To inspire myself, I turn to myself."

This is sounding a LOT better than Nacho Libre...


.


No comments:

Post a Comment