Thursday, January 3, 2008

CONVERSATIONS IN STARBUCKS

Sitting in Starbucks again doing a visit for my work. The mom is late. Me and 5 year-old Zooey are at a table, waiting, bored.



Zooey: You need to shave your beard.

Isaac: You think so?

Zooey: Your beard looks like the same as the rest of your hair.

Isaac: Yeah, I'm gonna trim it down today.

Zooey: You should shave your beard off and then shave your hair off too.

Isaac: Shave it all off so I'm bald?

Zooey: Yes, you should shave all your hair off so it looks like you're dying.

Isaac: But I don't want to die!

Zooey: (Punctuating each phrase with a sweep of her arm on the table) Yeah first you shave off your hair, then you die. Then you go to heaven and you become angels. And then you get smooshed by giant robots.

Isaac: I get smooshed by giant robots in heaven?

Zooey: Yeah.

Isaac: Wow. I don't know if I want to go there then.

Zooey: You have to.





There's an old guy sitting next to me who has cut a large hole in the stomach area of his sweater to provide access to his sunglasses. He keeps his sunglasses hanging around his neck, not on top of his clothes but under them. He has cut a hole in his sweater at the point where his sunglasses hang, so that he can easily reach them without having to reach his hand down his sweater. It's good to see crazy people innovating to make their crazy lives a little more efficient, without sacrificing any craziness.



Finally, I want to tell you all, that I have a musical project called Isaac Marion's Moon Colony, and I have just put out a nice little album you might enjoy. Soft, pretty space ballads meet crunchy clanky chaingang slave blues. If you'd like to hear it please go to

http://www.myspace.com/isaacmarionmusic



Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment